Friday, July 15, 2011

Vintage Finds Fridays

Lately I have had a passion for Vintage items. Something about certain items just fascinate me. 
Sooo..I figured I would show off my finds. I do sell most of them over in my KeepUp Shop  so if you are looking for something fun, just head over there! 
So here are a few of my latest finds:


Gorgeous Chevron/zig-zag striped afghan in Perfect condition
*SOLD*
 Love the edging! *SOLD*


Beautiful Coral/Bright Pink case. Not quite sure what it is exactly but it is in perfect condition.

 Has some interesting little trays that hold some kind of tubes?
This Jewelry box was such an awesome buy! I don't exactly know it's worth because I can't seem to find anything like it. It's in great condition, just needs the little metal thing on the door glued down. I am thinking I want to freshen it up a tad with some paint but I fear I will wreck it.



 LOVE the gorgeous detail!
 
These brass duck head bookends are so outdated, but wait until you see them with their new paint color :)

 Now this dish was a great buy at only .99 but, I was a tad disappointed that what I thought was dirt was actually hard water stains and I don't think I would feel right about selling it. For now it sits on top of our cabinets and soon will hold some fake flowers. Will see how it turns out and if/when it does I will post pictures!


So those are the vintage finds that I found this last week! 
Since I make money off of my findings I feel a little reluctant to share what I paid for them. What do you think? Would you want to know the prices paid? Would you buy something from someone knowing what they originally paid for it? I know what they are worth and what I paid for them and it just adds to the excitement of it all. 

So what do you think? Should I make vintage find fridays a regular thing or would you prefer something else?
I would love your input!!



2 comments:

DancingMooney ♥ said...

Vintage shopping can be so much fun, but I think if you're planning on selling your finds... mentioning what you paid for them is part of your business, and not something you really need to share with others... Love that jewelry box too, by the way! ;)

The Amoah-Boadi Family said...

Thanks Dancing Mooney for taking the time to respond!
I think you are completely right! I guess the reason I feel the need to share prices is because of some of the other blogs share their thrifty finds and I always like seeing the prices ;) But, they don't sell them like I do.
Thanks for confirming whats best for me and my blog! I appreciate the input!
Amanda