Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A few projects completed


Ok, so on a higher note,  I have been trying to keep busy. 
I recovered six dining chair cushions for a friend, don't have any pictures, but must say they turned out fabulous. But, am I the only one that feels the need to spray paint staples? After reupholstering the fabric on I was really bothered by the silver colored staples..Hmm...OK, maybe I have issues :) 
I have had this gorgeous cane back chair for over a year now and finally reupholstered it! I was going to re-paint it, but just loved the metal details on it and is in pretty darn good condition! So, I just recovered it and I am sooo happy with it. I completely forgot to take a BEFORE photo..I know, LAME! But, in one of the photos I have from another chair re-do found here, you can kind of see what the fabric was like..When I say kind of..I mean it. :) 


BEFORE 









Gotta include one of my most favorite person right? 

I just love how the chair turned out! I didn't paint it, but, I think the fabric works quite nice with the color of the wood! 

What do you think?

Oh and here is that table I spoke of here:

Before- $5.00 score!

Before

Before

During-Spray painted white

During

After

After

After

I needed something neutral but pretty to take pictures of my vintage stuff on. I think this baby is perfect! After spray painting it white I hand painted it a tan brown color, then sanded it down. I love the distressed look of it and the brown peeping through!





Fun right? I have started on another chair and it is 3/4 of the way sanded..I think I am going to try staining it and I have this awesome green wood stain that would be so fun for it!
Pictures coming soon!

Have any projects that you have done recently? Would love to hear about them!

Amanda

1 comment:

Just Jaime said...

Great finds! Love the fabric on the chair!